Tweeting Live

Ideas for raising the profile of the RBLR1000 and coverage in the newspapers, TV, etc

Tweeting Live

Postby adminOli » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:08 am

Hi All,

I was wondering whether any of you tweet at all and if so, what are the chances of tweeting (with photos or videos!) at various points along the ride? If you end the tweet with @rblr1000 or #rblr1000 then it would link into the official RBLR1000 twitter account. What do you think?
adminOli
Site Admin

Re: Tweeting Live

Postby sallymander » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:31 pm

Unfortunately I can't send MMS (photos etc) but I may well tweet quick location updates etc. Depends how it goes. I only use twitter for ARG gaming and special occasions such as this :geek:
sallymander

Postby adminOli » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:40 pm

What is ARG Gaming?
adminOli
Site Admin

Postby sallymander » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:25 pm

adminOli wrote:What is ARG Gaming?

It's hard to explain. Here's a rather wordy wiki link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_reality_game

Basically there is one or more persons running the game from "behind the curtain". They set you puzzles, challenges, treasure hunts, anything really that takes place in the real world (as opposed, for example, to an XBox game or a table top role playing game). Can involve internet searches, real websites, websites made up just for the game, meetings with "characters" in real life venues, phone calls and so on.

Very absorbing, addictive and the prizes can be great. A friend of mine ran one and it was fantastic. It was history, geography, literature, maths and more. Great if you like puzzles or a mystery. Needs a fair amount of time dedicating to it though. Lots of research.
sallymander

Postby Farway » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:45 pm

F@ck me talk about ways to waste time!! No wonder UK productivity is at an all time low!! ;)
I'll try the tweeting thing but my main concern is time.... it takes a few minutes to do every so often and tbh 1000 miles , 6-8 stops, might be worth a go... Just for the record, tweeting whilst riding and wearing winter gloves is a total pig to try and pull off...I'm on my fourth smart phone in under two weeks !! :lol:
As far as I know I'm @Wolie2
Farway

Postby adminOli » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:02 am

Apparently if enough people tweet with the hashtag #rblr1000 in their tweet we start "trending". I have no idea what that means but all the cool kids are doing it...

Trending: http://support.twitter.com/articles/101125

You can also post photos and videos in a tweet - I have enlisted one of the pillions on the White Dalton Team to tweet for us.

Remember - please don't use your phone whilst riding
adminOli
Site Admin

Postby Darth Will » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:12 pm

I managed to get a few tweets off whilst enroute.

I think the tweeing needs to happen closer to drum up interest?

Is there a forum thread for peoples Tweet names etc so we can all follow each other thereby increasing likelihood of trending? :?
Darth Will

Postby adminOli » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:55 pm

How about we start off the list in this thread?

@rblr1000
adminOli
Site Admin

Return to Press & Coverage